The Murray High School Wall of Honour is a tribute to our past students who through commitment and dedication have attained exceptional personal or professional achievements and have made significant contributions in either their careers, the community, the nation and/or the world.
Murray High School has many outstanding past students who have used their education, talents, skills and experiences to become successful, positive contributors to society.
We believe that the successes of these past students should be recognized by the school community and that they will establish positive role models for today's students.
To be considered as a candidate for the Murray High School Wall of Honour, past students must:
• Have been a past student of Murray High School at least ten years ago;
• Have a record of outstanding achievement in his/her field;
• Have made significant contributions to his/her field and/or to the community at large;
• Candidates will be judged on their significant and/or long term contributions to their field of endeavour, their accomplishments must be acknowledged as exceptional in their field for them to be considered;
• Exhibit outstanding leadership, character and service to his/her community;
• At the completion of every calendar year, up to three distinguished past students, may be inducted into the Wall of Achievement.
The committee which will comprise:
- The Principal
- Two staff representatives
- Two community members with an association to the school.
· Public recognition of the recipients shall occur in the local media.
· A photograph, including name, years of attendance and a list of accomplishments to be displayed on a wall in the entrance foyer of the school, for public view.
· Recipients will be invited to the annual awards day on the year of their induction.
We are now accepting nominations for potential candidates into the Murray High School Wall of Honour.
Nominations may be made by past students, parents, current students, staff and community members.
In order to judge all nominees equally, only use nomination forms which are available from the school.
Please help us publicise this initiative by informing your friends and others who may wish to submit nominations.
Click here for Nomination form